5 Tips For Protecting Art On Yachts
Thanks for stopping by – below are some valuable tips to keep your yacht’s valuables safe.
1. Know Exactly What You Have on Board
- Maintain a Current Inventory (update whenever something changes)
- Physical Description
- Photos & Condition Reports
- Appraised Values
- Physical Location
- Keep a Documentation/Binder
- Evidence of Ownership, Provenance, Tax Status, Including Purchase
and Export Documentation, Stamped by the Relevant Tax Authorities
- Digital Copies & Backups
3. Understand How the Collection is Insured
- Are works covered during transit or while off the yacht, in storage?
4. Consider Risks When Determining Placement of Art
- Temperature and Humidity
- Traffic Patterns and Human Interaction
5. Ensure Art is Professionally Installed
- Hire Professional Art Handlers
- Use Marine Grade Hardware
- Mitigate Risk
If you have any questions or would like assistance, please call us at 954-256-0090.
Thanks for stopping by – below are some valuable tips to keep your yacht’s valuables safe. 1. Know Exactly What You Have on Board Maintain a Current Inventory (update whenever something changes) Physical Description Photos & Condition Reports Appraised Values Physical Location Dimensions 2. Understand Keep a Documentation/Binder Evidence of Ownership, Provenance, Tax Status, Including […]
How to Select a Fine Art Services Facility Finding an appropriate fine art services facility for high-value art is quite different than finding a storage facility that stores seasonal items or everyday household objects. Art requires a level of care beyond what a typical self-storage facility provides. Finding a facility which specializes in art storage […]
Protecting Art Before & After A Hurricane Documenting, securing, and protecting art before & after a hurricane is important, especially if an insurance claim is necessary after the storm. The tips below will not only keep your art as safe as possible but will also show your insurance company you were not negligent, should a claim […]
"Your service was professional and your people, careful and friendly.......well done. Thanks."
"Dear Susan, I would like to thank you and your team for the prompt and impeccable service. It was an absolute pleasure working with you."
"I was referred to Bellissima by a reputable art dealer as I needed a number of pieces carefully shipped from Miami to NYC in a hurry, and they did an exceptional job. Their staff was courteous and packed/crated my pieces with complete...